Glass Pendant



September 1, 2008

This past weekend was another wonderful weekend spent with my husband. It was a late anniversary celebration with lots of wine, food, and shopping. We headed up to the town of Sutter Creek, CA. What a beautiful area to visit. We stayed at a lovely B&B, Eureka Street Inn.

One of the highlights of this trip for me was the shopping excursions that lead me to a wonderful glass company called Chaos Glassworks. They sell beautiful pieces from vases, lamps, plates, bowls, humming bird feeders, beads, and pendants. I purchased a couple of pendants that were very colorful and looked like great accessories for my knitted and crocheted items. A day after purchasing my items I had to return and see if I could find a pair of earrings to match one of the pendants.

The owners, David and Heather Hopman, were wonderful in helping me accomplish this goal. Sadly they did not have earrings made that matched the pendant but Heather was more than happy to make a pair for me. Wow!! This was great! She took some time to find the matching glass and discuss with me the style and size of earrings I wanted. After about 30 minutes we had a plan and she estimated 2 weeks for delivery. Yeah!!

I was so pleased they were willing to work with me on this. It pleased me so much that I had to share this experience. I love handmade items and the personal touch you can get by working with a company like Chaos Glassworks. The pictures posted show the earrings a bit lighter than the pendant but you know...that is what hand made is all about. Once you have the pieces on you can't tell that much of a difference.

Our trip ended beautifully with lots of wine in the truck and a few bobbles for me. If you are every passing through I highly recommend you stop and check out the town.

Comments

Popular Posts