My Recycled Projects

Knitting and crocheting is what I do best or better yet, what I enjoying doing the most. But today I stepped away from the hooks and needles to pickup a can of spray paint and wax.

I focused on recycling items around the house. First was candle wax.  I love candles and I'm constantly buying new ones. I love the house to smells good but there is always wax left over. So recently, I started keeping the left over wax and had every intention of recycling much sooner then today. Better late then never, right?  The results were 5 new candles to burn. Love them!

Next, after many months of debate, I decided to make use of an old book shelf and a picture frame. I'm breaking the book shelf into to pieces. One shelf will become my jewelry organizer. Spray painting is step one of this process and next I will be adding the hooks to hang my necklaces.  Still planning on what to do with the rest of the shelf.


I have to admit I enjoyed working these new crafts today and should do this more often. Now to take another look around the house and see what else I can find.

Comments

Popular Posts