Two New Yarns I found

I'm always looking to find a good yarn at a reasonable price. Isn't everyone?  Well surprisingly I found two I like.  I found both at JoAnn's.

They are different yarns from the same company but different textures, weight and colors, yet I found them enjoyable to work with.  I tested them both out on my new knit hat design and really do like how they came out.  

The first one is by Lion Brand. It is their new collection called Jeans. The jean look is all over the yarn industry. I've not found a company not making their own version.  Now this is the first I have tried but willing to look at others.  Made of acrylic and 246 yards worked on a suggested US 7 needles and I hook.  I worked my hat on US9 and liked the look.  It's a really soft acrylic and I didn't have any splitting of the yarn, which is a big pet peeve. It comes in 5 or 6 shades and I like most of them.  Great for hats, scarves and perfect for a baby blanket. At $3.99 hard to beat.  I plan to work it up my hat in the other shades I picked up.


The second one...wait for it... This is hard very hard for me to admit. And if you know me you have heard me complain about this yarn. So I'm really coming to terms that I liked this one particular yarn in a particular color.  I thought it was a new yarn but no.  For some reason I had not seen this color. I like the slight shimmer the yarn has and its softness - amazing. Plus it gives the winter look.  Ok, here it is.  Lion Brands Vanna's Choice.  I've not been a fan but I really think it was the winter look of the yarn giving that every so slight shimmer. In the picture the yarn I like is called dark grey heather (my hat under the white ball). The white ball will be the pom pom on top.


Ok so I like one color of Vanna's Choice.  It worked up smoothly and no snags.  170 yards recommend US 9 needles and J hook at $3.99. The softness is what blows me away.  Again, an acrylic yarn great for winter hats.  Not sure I'd use it for anything else but NEVER SAY NEVER.

I really don't mean to sound snobby here. I  have used a lot of really really nice and expensive yarns and would prefer the more expensive yarns because of the color options and quality. But now and again you need an affordable yarn. Here are two I commend.

I'd love to hear what you think of this post and any comments you have.  And know, I've learned my lesson. Never say no to Vanna.  LOL.


Comments

Popular Posts