My Love For Yarn

Let me share with you what I purchased at Stitches West this year.  The marketing event was amazing. So many new vendors.  I limited my time shopping and now wish I would have done more simply because of the great vendors they had.  The good thing is I did stay within my budge.  That is if I had one - LOL.  It's once a year gals, I have to go ALL out.

Let me share a few of the yarns I couldn't pass up.  First off is Yoth,  an American made yarns.  I was tickled with their naming of each type of yarn they made. The first I saw and purchased was called "Best Friend". Come on, is that a great name for yarn or what?  This is a fingering weight yarn with 550 yards made of cotton and wool blend. It looks like stone wash blue jeans. I'm not sure what to do with it but it will be adorable.  (This yarn is the last one to the right of the picture). 

Now lets talk beads. This yarn is has hand threaded beads. Amazing!!  I met the owner of This Beaded Yarn and she let me know how long it takes her to string the beads. Not that I remember that info now. Hee hee.  What I can tell you is it is 100% cashmere with silk and boy does it feel good.  I chose black, simple I know, but I never buy black yarn.  It's 200 yards with glass beads. I'm feeling a cowl coming with this one.  It will give a little sparkle around the neck.

Then there was a cotton and wool blend yarn from The Fibre Company called Luma.  Organic cotton by the way and wow....feels so silky.  I grabbed this in three different colors (cream, teal, and light blue) I see a cowl in this too.  So soft and another I have not worked with. That's my method behind the purchases.  I must never have used the yarn before.

Now for the final yarn purchase, Miss Babs.  Now I heard about this brand from a student. Never heard of them before but the student had such high recommendations that I couldn't pass up.  This amazing deep blue I had to have (first to the left in the picture). It's fingering yarn, 400yds, and 100% merino wool. No clue what I will do with this one but hey, don't hate me, I loved the color. By the way, blue is by favorite.

And for a fun tool but not a cheap one.  The punch needle. This is a very popular craft right now and I've been seeing amazing things made with it.  So I got suckered in and I can't wait to use it. Once I learn more I'll share details. And if you are one that has done a few punch needle projects, let me know.

Oh, oh, one more item. A wooden gauge ruler. Too cool to pass up and it will make measuring my gauges that much easier.

I had a great time shopping, as I do each year at this event.  I remind myself to only by yarns I have yet used and tools I've not seen.  Otherwise, I'd just go crazy.  If there is one thing you can't pass up at the Stitches West event is the market.  You can pass up the classes and the demos but not the products.  It gives you great insight to what is out there. All the vendors are online so if you don't purchase at the event you can always go back to them online.  You can also find beautiful patterns you won't find at your local craft shop.  Your mind will be blown. 

I'll be blogging about these items in more details once I start working with them and show you what I decided to make with each one of the yarns. 


Comments

Popular Posts