Tahoe Yarn Shopping

There is nothing but yarn in my bags.  Love it!!
I mentioned in my previous post about my family vacation to Tahoe. The picture above is me with my mom and mother-in-law on our shopping excursion.  It was an amazing trip but I never go any where without checking out the local yarn shops.  It's a "must do" on vacations for me.

A friend recommended me visit Atelier yarn shop in Truckee. She said it was a great one and boy was she right. I so appreciated her telling me about the shop and sharing with me other spots to check out.

The shop is in a shopping center full of other amazing shops.  I was surprised at the number of yarns they carried and ones I was not familiar with.  I'm always trying out new yarns and I found a few I like.

The store offered more than just yarn. They carry sewing material, art supplies, and much much more.  A great shop for artisans. The design of the store really draws you in.  And the staff was able to answer all my questions.  I also picked up a couple of pattern books too.

After spending a good amount of time in the shop, when mom and my mother-in-law were patiently waiting, we hit a wine bar.  Another spot I recommend, Uncorked.  We actually hit all three locations while vacationing; Tahoe City, Truckee, and Squall Valley. Wine and yarn are a perfect match.

I'll be doing reviews on all the yarns I picked up; Spincycle Yarns, Blue Sky Fibers, Swans Island yarn, and Quince & Co. I currently worked up 3 projects with these yarns while on vacations.  It felt so good to knit with new yarns. I loved all of these but I will get into more detail as to why I loved them and what I worked up with this yarn. 


Comments

Popular Posts