Beginning Crochet - Chaining



My beginning crochet class will show you how to create amazing items with just a hook and ball of yarn. Once you have learned the basic stitches of crochet, you will be able to create an infinite assortment of beautiful items such as accessories, garments, baskets, or home decor. Crochet is a craft, an art and a great way to express your creative side.

I've created this blog to assist my students in this course. I will demonstrate the stitches we will cover in this course with photographs and with video. I hope this will assist you between our class meetings.

Lets get started with understand "Chaining". Starting a chain will be the start of any project that you do. Once you have practiced this stitch you can begin your first project. I suggest my students practice chaining until our second class meeting. I find just focusing on this stitch before going further helps. The chain is your foundation and if the chain is to tight or to loose your project will not get off to a good start.

Here is a video to show you how to begin your chain. This video will also show you front and back of stitch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtmOEzm_OXQ

I encourage you to just practice the chain stitch until you are comfortable.

Comments

Popular Posts