A Place To Think

Now that I am working from home and focusing on my business I find it hard at times to think.  I am so familiar with my surroundings that I tend to lose focus.   Working from home can also cause me to get wrapped up in chores instead of work.  I can't seem to escape from the house maintenance.  I think I've found a solutions.

This weekend my son wanted to head to the local library to meet up with a friend to work on a school project.  So like many moms I tagged along. I brought my laptop and a couple of books to entertain myself. Strangely, I found myself working on my business and regaining some focus I'd lost this past week.  I took advantage of the time I had there.  I managed to type up a few blog post and get some design ideas on paper.  I felt I accomplished a lot in the short amount of time I was there.

I found the public library to be a great place to clear my head and regain focus.  Sometimes when we change our environment things start to happen.  I have to keep this in mind when my head gets confused in thoughts and focus is gone.

It's amazing how many people go to the local coffee shop to work.  I find it a bit noisy and gives me to much of an opportunity to just eat.  But the public library gives you free internet connection, book references if needed, and a quiet, calm place to work.  Not to mention you have an assistant in the Liberian if you need reference help.  And it's all free. Oh, let not forget the empty calories are no where to be seen.

The moral to my story is stop and take time to enjoy your local library.  I will do this more often.

Comments

Popular Posts