New Year, New Adventures for 2016

Hello!!  I hope you enjoyed your holiday season and made the most of every minute. It goes by so fast so it's even more important to savor every bit of it.

My holiday was filled with family and a lot of relaxing. Yes, so hard to believe after the long season I had but I did manage to get a little R & R in. I even had a unique adventure with my husband and son. Not one I really was looking forward to or even gave much thought of until the moment arrived. Have you ever been zip lining?  Well, I can say I have, now. My husband mentioned planning a little zip lining adventure but I just said, "Ok," without much thought. I guess I was just imaging a very simple, short zip line that was not far off the ground.  

The joke was on me. That will teach me not to pay closer attention. This was no small zip line. No! No!. We were hundreds of feet above the ground where you only saw the tops of the very large and tall Redwood trees. The top part where the birds nest. Yay! The very top.

Needless to say I was very nervous and scared. Feeling the trees sway as you wait your turn was no comfort either. My boys taunted me in a fun loving way, yet not funny ;).  The guide was joking and good at distracting you. We zipped along 7 lines and some much faster than others.

Long story short, I survived and my nerves were calmer after the first 4 zip lines. I finished laughing and making it clear, "that is done and no reason to do it again". All in all a memorable event.

My work season closed on a very busy and positive note. I added additional craft events to this season and found them worth it. I ended my season with the lowest inventory ever. And between events rushing to make a few more items. My craft classes ended positively too with so many finishing their Christmas gifts in time to give. Oh how I love a handmade gift and even more so to see a student be excited to give their own handmade gift.

2016 looks promising already as this coming week I have a number of private craft lessons happening and the start of some custom orders. Several people took advantage of my private lesson special and if you're reading this move quickly and you can still catch the special as I forgot to take it down. I will remove it in the next 24 hours. Take advantage on my CLASSES tab.

Stay tuned as I will be announcing new classes, no designs, and new workshops starting soon. Lots of fun happening.
Contact me with any questions or thoughts you may have regarding a custom order, a class request, or help you are looking for on your project at jpaveydesigns@yahoo.com  or gmaill.com

Wishing you the best in 2016 and looking forward to any and all new adventures it may bring.

Comments

Popular Posts