2019 Goals - Life, Business, and Health



Being Thankful

Here I am the first of January 2019 reflecting on 2018 and setting new goals.  I’m at a local restaurant with my husband sipping tea and dreaming big. Why not, right?

I should first start with how thankful I am for what I've experienced in 2018.  So many exciting things, like the number of classes I taught, the KAL and CAL project I did, the number of You Tube videos I made, the swatch patterns I wrote up, the designs I created and sold.  A lot to be thankful for. The biggest and most important things I'm grateful for is YOU. You made a difference for me this year.  You showed up and gave me support.  Support in attending a class, taking a workshop, buying products I designed and created, or maybe you took a private class with me.  What ever it may have been I’m so very grateful.

Many had asked me for videos to help them learn new stitches or techniques so this year I did it. It was nerve racking to say the least but your feedback is what pushed me to do more.  I also took the steps in writing patterns which you will see more of in 2019.  I did Facebook Live broadcasts which was an experience to say the least.  As a result you will be seeing more of me on Facebook and Instagram lives, and more You Tube videos. Stay tuned and if you have a topic you want to learn more about please share with me. I want to know what you want to learn.

I'm putting the finishing touches to my plan for 2019 where you can expect new classes, new workshops, new event gatherings, and new knit and crochet a long projects. I'm also expanding what I will be sharing on my blog page.  Many want to know about the tools, yarns and other products I use so there will lots of details to share.  I also want to branch into other areas of health benefits of the craft. I hope to "spot light" some students and other designers. Here is another area that I'd love to know what you would like to hear about on my web site. 

Watch for class postings and sign up times on my site. A newsletter is coming out soon to give you even more details.  Remember to sign up early for any and all events to assure they are held.  If you have a questions about registration please let me know.


My Word

What I found helpful in 2018 was having a word and a quote to motivate me throughout the year. This word gave me a since of encouragement and direction, so I want to do that again this year. I hope you will join me as well.  Last year was “focus” and I did just that.  This year is “proactive” because I felt I fell short in this area last year.  If  you have a word please share it.  You’d be amazed how many use this method to better themselves and their business. It works, it really does, try it.

My husband like to take pictures and sometimes it's just best to play along.  He got a new phone that honestly does take great pictures. Can you tell it was a cold morning?

Goal Setting

I listed 9 goals last year that I truly wanted to complete and out of all of them I was able to only get 3 done.  I feel good about this because I knew some would take longer or that I may not get them all done. The important things is I wrote them down  and started to work on them.  I’ve decided to focus on what did not get done and will move them in to this year.  Time can be limited, events in life can happy, or other things with more of a priority can push other things back.  I’ve learned to accept this and do the best I can.  I can honestly say I look back at 2018 and I'm proud of what I’ve done and know that more will be done this year.  No regrets for what didn’t get done.

Have you set your goals?  I’m not talking resolutions because I just don’t fell they work but goals setting once you have written them down and share them, it's time to do the work.

Now that you have heard my goals for 2019 I want to help you with yours.  If taking on new knitting or crochet challenges is one of them then lets get started.  Look at my web page to get all the details on the new classes starting in January.  Don't wait, let start crafting right away.



Comments

Popular Posts