What's Next for Yarn Bombing?

Last year we did a wonderful yarn bench bombing at the San Mateo Parks and Recreation Senior Center.

Many participated in the yarn bombing and we were able to make a beautiful and colorful bench cover. The cover was just recently taken down only because the benches themselves needed to be repaired.  But the great news is the cover stayed in great condition and has been washed, and now ready to be given to a homeless shelter.

We managed to have a long season of beautiful weather so many people were able to enjoy the bench.  I received many comments that the seniors loved it. One woman mentioned how her grandmother loved to sit on it as she waited to be picked up.  I'm so glad the bench cover was enjoyed by many.

As a result of the bench success the recreation center has asked us to yarn bomb again.  This time we will be yarn bombing a tree in front of the senior center.  I have many thought of what we can do to cover this tree.

If you are interesting in helping us on this project contact me for more details.  I will be sending out an email to those that have subscribed to my blog outlining our project and the date in which we hope to have the project completed.  I look forward to seeing what we do and bring more smiles to those who will enjoy looking at the tree.



Comments

Popular Posts