Working with Laura Bryant

I recently got the wonderful opportunity to learn from designer and author, Laura Bryant. She has many talents but the one I had the pleasure of learning from her was working with color. Her workshop was held at the Stitches West conference held in Santa Clara, CA last month. This course was to help direct us in understand how colors work together and overcome any fear we may have as designer to experiment with color.


Color blending and gradations was at the top of my list to understand and concur. Laura put us through a few exercises to help us to understand how colors work together and how we can make them work best for us. We also learn how to work hand dyed yarns to our advantage.  


           I have to say there was more information given then I could retain. So I hope my note taking pays off. And the wonderful thing about working examples is you have something to refer back.

Now the challenges is putting into practice what I have learned into my own designs. I see a lot of swatch samples in my future. I can now scratch off my list the fear of working with color. Thank you Laura!


Comments

Popular Posts