With Much Sadness

I share with you that my grandmother passed away this month.

Though we knew her passing was approaching, it was heartbreaking to get the phone call. The moment I received the news I was booked on a flight home to Texas to be with my family.

My grandmother played an enormous role in my life. She was the one I could lean on no matter what event, struggle, or celebration was happening in my life. I learned so much from her and will cherish every memory I have. My heart is broken that she is no longer physically with us, but then I celebrate that she is home with the Lord. I'm blessed to know I will see her again.

She lived to by 88 years old. The last 5 years she struggles with alzheimer and anyone who has experienced this knows the heart ache it causes.  I'm grateful she is at rest and no longer has to battle this horrible disease.  Despite all of that it was always good to be with her.

I will miss her and think of her often.  No one can take the place of a grandmother.

I love you Granny!!

Comments

Popular Posts