Crochet Top Review

Though this is not one of my creations, I do want to share a pattern I recently made. It's rare I get time to just work a fun project created by someone else. But this was a quick and easy one to work up. It's a fun lace crochet top that can took a few days to complete.

The pattern and yarn are from Lion Brand. I have worked with many of Lion Brand yarns but not this one. This is a cotton yarn which comes in a number of other colors. 24/7 Cotton with 186 yds machine washable and dryable.

The pattern and yarn can be found on their website and the pattern is free. Once ordered the yarn took about two weeks to receive. The day it arrived I started.

The yarn felt a bit stiff but thought it might soften up after washing. The pattern was easy to read and straight forward. I didn't find any pattern mistakes which is a good side note.

The pattern works up very quickly and took a couple of days before I was wearing it. I give it 2 out of 5 stars for difficulty. I think it goes great with a pair of shorts or a nice maxi shirt.

A disappointing factor was that I found a number of knots in the yarn balls which never makes me happy. Out of the five balls of yarn that I ordered only one had one knot in it. This was frustrating. I don't work the knots into my projects so that meant cutting and reattaching the yarn each time. I don't work the knots into my work because I feel at some point they will come lose and miss up the piece. This is why I cut and reattach the yarn.

I have worn the  top and love it. Washing it did not take must of the stiffness out of the yarn but the design holds up nicely with the yarn. I might shop for a slightly softer yarn if I work this piece again.

Overall the pattern gets a thumbs up, but the yarn I give a "C". The number of knots I found was unsatisfactory and has resulted in me electing to not use this yarn again.

I hope you find this helpful in selecting your next pattern. If you elect to work this pattern please give me a comment below your thoughts.  And if you know of a better yarn to work suck a project let me know that to.

Happy Crocheting!!

Comments

Popular Posts