An invitation I can't pass up. Will you join me!


You may have been following me on Facebook or my Instagram stories and may know all about this, but in case you don't. I have been asked to yarn bomb an area around the Burlingame Parks and Recreation Center this spring. WOW!!! So cool to be asked.

So now that I have accepted the invitation I need your help. "One can not yarn bomb alone."

There is a fence that runs in front of the park that goes up to the parks and recreation building. That is our project; the fence. Now before you say anything, take a look at the pictures below. The colorful fence you see was decorated with Mardi Gras beads this year and I thought, "HEY!! We can do that with yarn". Why not. It's amazing it from beads, right?













So the project we need to do together is create the same affect with yarn. So what I have decided is we will create swatches of yarn in spring colors that will be attached to the fence in between each rods. These swatches will need of any crochet or knit stitch you choose and make them 3 1/2 inches in width and vary between 10 to 15 inches in length. We want different lengths to give a cool effect. We don't want to go longer then 15 inches because our work will go into the bushes and will not be seen. We must show off our work ;).

If you are up for the challenge and would love to join me I would be SO VERY excited! So many have participated on previous yarn bombing so I hope I can count on you again. I do expect to have more swatches then we can fill the fence, so those will be used to cover the surrounding trees.

What to you say? Will you join me?

Our goal is to have this project up and completed by end of April. That should give us time to use up our stash yarn. Yes, just use what you have as long as it is of a spring color. We want it to be bright and cheery.  So use pastel colors: blue, greens, yellow, purple, white, etc. Use any type of yarn be it variegated, novelty yarn, worsted weight, chunky, or DK weight. Use what you have. We want this to cheer folks up as they walk by. Bring a little spring to their day.

Here are the instructions again. Spring color yarn, 3 1/2 inches wide (if its 3 inches we can make to work), and 10 to 15 inches in length. Crochet or Knit swatch in any stitch you want. Feel free to mail these swatches to me, drop at my door or contact me as I will have a specific person for you can drop them off to at the recreation center itself or a surrounding recreation center I work with. You can contact me at JPaveyDesigns@gmail.com for any questions you have.

I can't wait!! I'm digging through my stash now.  

Comments

Popular Posts