Facebook Live - Why am I doing this?

                   

This year I told myself I was going to face my fears and do new things for my business.  And I am doing it!!!! 

The first thing is going on Facebook LIVE.  Yes, LIVE, where everyone can see and hear me. Not to mention it can live on, and on, and on, on the internet. I've been nervousness each time and made a few mistakes.

How did all this get started?  Because of you. Yes YOU!  You asked for more and I want to deliver.  Facebook is my platform for teaching, sharing class details and the projects students are working on. I post first time scarves made by the students, events to can participate in and much more. I occasionally share about my design items, sales events, and what new techniques I've learned.  

I will confess I started FB live for more than just you. It was so I would go "outside the box" as they say.  Get myself out there and try new things that I hope will help my business. 

For the past three months I have gone on once a month to talk about the Knit/Crochet With Jodi.  This is a crochet and knit-a-long event. A new swatch each month comes out for you to do with the goal of completing a blanket at the end of the year.  So far the response has been amazing. 

The picture above was snapped by my husband during my last Facebook event.  If you can't tell, I was nervous.  I'm not sure if that ever goes away.  It's funny because it's just me, in a room, talking to my phone.  Kinda silly.  You can see all the tools needed to make each post work.  My iphone stand, the computer so I can read your comments, and the "diva" light in my face.

I've learned a lot so far and have so much more to learn. Hence my second goal, learning technology.  There is a lot of "techie" stuff to learn to make these events happen.  I'm not computer savvy so taking the extra time to learn things can be challenging.  

If you want to see me on an actually live event check out my Facebook page at J Pavey Designs.  Like the page and get notifications when I go live.  I'd love for you to say "hello". 

Here's to trying new things!!


Comments

Popular Posts