UPDATE: On Our Yarn Event


I can't believe I have not stopped long enough to share an update with you on our yarn storm on the Burlingame Park and Recreation fence.

As you remember in March I was asked to cover  the park with yarn in Burlingame, CA. Well, I couldn't pass that up.  So we selected to yarn storm the main fence into the park.  I reached out to you and requested swatches be made to cover the fence. These swatches were to be colorful and either knitted or crocheted. And you rose to the occasion.

I received the first batch of 60 swatches in two weeks. WOW!!! I was amazed at the response.  We put those on the fence right away.  Then I realized with this response I truly believed you guys would come through with more swatch so this fence would be completely covered.  AND YOU DID!!!

Over the past month we collected....wait for it....150 swatches.  WHAT?!?!?!!!  Yes, and counting. Every swatch was used in the park to cover the fence and looks amazing.

Many people in the local community and in other states sent in their swatches. I reached out to not just my blog community but to Facebook and Instagram.  From there it took off.

If you are local and have the chance to stop by the fence please do so and take a picture.  If you are on Instagram use the #BurligameYarnStorm and #Burlingame.  And if not, just post it to Facebook and let me know.

I can not say THANK YOU enough. I'm so overwhelmed by the response.  This community is amazing.


Comments

Popular Posts