Have You Crocheted Corner To Corner?


If you are looking for a new challenge to crochet I got something for you. Can I recommend working corner to corner?



This method gives a new look to crocheting. There is a learning curve to this technique but so rewarding once you have learned it.

Corner to corner crochet is exactly like it sounds You will start at one corner of the project and work toward the farthest corner. You can work patterns with one color or multiple colors.

The book I highly recommend for this is "Corner to Corner Crochet" by Jess Coppom. I recently introduced this book to my crochet classes. This book gives a number of patterns to work from blankets, pillows, rugs and ponchos. Lots of options. The designer also give a great explanation of the technique at the very beginning of the book. I suggest practicing before you dive into your first project. This way you have the method down and won't get discouraged. Now working with multiple color yarns can get a little confusing, so I would suggestion taking your project slow.

Here is one of the first projects I did. It's small and quick to work up; it's a wash cloth. One students made this into a pillow by working two pieces and I thought it was a wonderful idea. Once you feel good with this small project then take on another, and another, and another. You will get hooked. Click here for my affiliated link.

Many of my students say they love the book and are ready to work another pattern. I'm working the Sediment Blanket Poncho so stayed tuned to see my project and others.



Comments

Popular Posts