Tennessee Yarns


I wanted to reflect back to my trip to Tennessee at the end last year.  First time to Tennessee and was surprised how much I enjoyed it.  I went for a conference but extended the trip to explore with my mom. You see, Tennessee was on her bucket list and I thought what a great opportunity for both of us to go. There was a catch though. You see mom had to hang out at the hotel while I attended the conference for two days but trust me she did not mind at all. Don't worry, I didn't just leave her there. We met up for lunch and I made sure I headed back at the end of the meetings so we could go explore in the evenings. We made the most of it.



Just so you understand my mom, she is a BIG country music fan and an even BIGGER Elvis Presley fan. I grew up listening to his music which now makes me a fan. So maybe you see better the reason for bringing her along. With this being said, what a great opportunity for mother and daughter to bond. It was a fun trip and so glad we did it regardless of how flipping hot it was in Tennessee.  I had no idea that it gets hotter than Texas.

One of the important parts of any trip is checking out the local yarn stores like Bliss Yarns. I try to see an many as I can but this trip only allowed me to see one in Nashville. I first have to say the entry to this shop was so welcoming no one could pass it by. Take a look at the rocking chairs in first. Now if that is not an invitation I don't know what it. And the name, Bliss yarns. I felt blissful once I entered the doors.

I timed it just right because a trunk show of local dyed yarns was happening. Wow!! I felt happy now to get to be meeting these yarn dye shop owners that are listed on Etsy. (Farm Girl Fiber Company and Big Sky) Their yarn was amazing. So amazing I purchased several skeins. Now the store itself was loaded with amazing yarns and many I had not seen before. That to me is the best part, finding yarn I've not worked with. Now I always share about the service and the help I receive. This shop nailed it; friendly, helpful and I felt at home. Now that's a shop I want to visit again. The shop was filled with knitters at the knitting table.

Big Sky Table with everything from worsted, dk, and fingering yarn.

Farm Girl Fibero table with lots of amazing colors and lots of fingering weight yarn.

I left with a bag filled and what a task it was to figure out how I was going to get all this yarn home considering my suitcase was already packed. Why I don't travel with an empty back up suitcase blows my mind. You'd think I'd learn by now. But never fear I was able to rearrange by suitcase to get it all home. Take a look at some of my treasures.  Now this is just a glimpse, I purchased much more. LOL

Both vendors are so very talented and I understand both just recently decided to start selling their yarns. They previous just made it for themselves or friends but as the hobby grew it became time to sell.



Many of you know that any time I can support local yarn spinners or dyers I will.  I love creating items and have an additional story to tell about the yarn.  It brings the items to life in so many more ways.

I encourage you to check out these two ladies and try something new. I honestly have not decide what I will do with all this lovely yarn but stay tuned because what I make from it will end up in my Etsy shop.

Let me know if you try these yarns and share what you create.

Leave a comment below if you enjoy this information.


Happy knitting and crocheting.






Comments

Popular Posts