Summer Knitting


Summer time is approaching and for me this is the BEST time to be working on yarn projects.

I know, I know, crazy! But I say, why not crochet or knit in the summer time!

I do this every year and I get so much done. Many will disagree and I get it.  It's hot and who wants to be touching yarn.  Let me share my reasons and see if this changes your mind.

You know that sweater you spotted in the latest issue of your favorite magazine?  You know that multicolor hat you saw your friend wearing in January that you wanted? Or what about that elegant wrap you saw hanging in the local yarn store?  I know you have spotted a few projects you want to work but you just didn't commit because you knew it would take time. The time is now.

First reason, you have time to work that lovely sweater over the summer months. You won't be rushed to make it, block it, and seam it just in time to wear it. You can pace it out and have it ready for when the weather is cool enough to wear it.

Next, why not have your knitting friends over for drinks, bbq and knitting.  Ok, be careful with the BBQ! LOL You can enjoy the summer time parties and have a great excuse to get with the girlfriends. We all get tired of being cooped up in the house to knit. The outdoors makes if fun. I say this mainly and honestly because I will be enjoying my knitting on my new deck this season.

Another reason is you have time to create gifts for the holidays. You know the family members that love seeing your handmade items and asks for them. Or you have a friend you know that would love to receive something handmade from you. Now you can get that done.

Here's how I do it. I list out all the projects I want to do for myself and those items others have asked of me. I priorities the list and purchase the yarn, because now the sales are happening. Then you just get started.  It's really that easy. You spend evenings and some weekend time on one or more of these items and before you know it...

Now when the fall season approaches and you pull out that sweater you made you are going start to feel really good. Your friends will ask, "Did you make that?".  And you smile and say," Yes, I did." Now they ask if you would make one for them.  See how that works? You get to brag about the fact you are wearing something that had been on your list for a while and getting compliments.

The overall feeling of getting something done without the rush makes it so much easier.  I have listed out the cardigan, sweater, poncho, hats and gloves I want for myself.  I have also listed out a few holiday gifts for my mother-in-law and girlfriends. I'm shopping the yarn this month because it is Local Yarn Store appreciation month and they are all having sales.  Need more detail, ask me below.

Stay tuned over the next few months to see what all I get done.

Oh!! I will be sharing workshops dates happening over the summer months this week, so you have even more motivation to work on projects.  I have an elegant poncho I worked up that is perfect for our spring evenings here in CA and you will have it ready for the fall to wear with your long sleeve tops.  I also have a sweater workshop in mind.

If this blog encouraged you, even if just a little, let me know.  Better yet, tell me what you will be working on.





Comments

Popular Posts