Summer Comes To An End

Summer time is over and it's a very sad moment for me. Reason being is that I love every summer working kid camps. I meet some incredible kids that amaze me with their creativity. They are full of energy and excitement, which just pumps me up each day.

This summer I did crochet and knitting camps where I saw talent that I had to share. The kids not only learned the basic techniques they creating items such as scarves, blanket, gloves and fun animals. This summer I focused a lot on animals and the kids went WILD.

This year I have to share about a great kid I met. He had me laughing each day and challenged me as well. Yep, kids challenging us and we can grow from that. See, I had a list of animals the kids could make, but this guy asked for one I had not thought of yet. Yes, kids think of so many things...  His challenge was a whale. Yes, that big animal that lives in the sea.  I said, "Ok, you're on". The next day, I had a whale made and it met his approval.

This young man was so excited to knit and create that the whale was not his only project this summer. He, on his own, decided to design a scarf that reflected his inner ninja. He came into class with an idea and asked if I could help him do it.  "OF COURSE!!!" But this guy had it all planned out and needed very little help from me.  See why teaching kids is exciting. Every summer I'm amazed.

I want to thank ALL the kids this summer for making mine a blast!!!  I love seeing their excitement in learning a new skill and seeing them run with it. Fun, fun, fun!!


Never fear, kids do not have to wait until next summer to join me in learning to crochet or to knit.  I run classes all year and for more details check out my CLASSES tab.

Thanks guys and gals!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!



Comments

Popular Posts